Sunday 13 March 2016

Chocolate Palkova

This post comes a day delayed. I was hoping I will get this done when the idea struck, however I got delayed. When I had taken my Chocolate Halwa to my colleagues, some of them were very curious on the next dish to be prepared. I shared couple of ideas and they were discussing about it with me. I initial said I will be making Chocolat Modak. It's a dish that's been postpone for a while now.

I was so sure I will have enough time to make both the outer layer and the filling. I wanted to stuff the modak with chocolate khoya as my supply of cooking chocolate is over. Thinking on it, I suddenly realized in the short time I have, I could just make chocolate palkova as it hardly takes less than 10 mins.

There is a super efficient hack in this recipe as well. If you have ready made palkova, all you need a heaped cocoa powder that can be mixed well the palkova. Keep kneading and you get a perfectly smooth textured khova sweet with chocolate. I got my sweet hating boys to taste this as this had chocolate in it and they didn't see how I cooked it. They loved it so much that I am supposed to be making it soon again.


So to make it, make the palkova as I prepared my Microwave palkova and in the last 1 min, remove and add cocoa powder, mix well and mw again. Allow it to rest and then roll out well. Make balls with thumbs down in the middle to fill with nuts.


Sending this to Kalyani, who is guest hosting my Kids Delight Event, themed on Chocolate.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management