Sunday 18 November 2018

Rajma (Red Kidney Beans Simmered in an Aromatic Tomato Sauce)

Rajma is a classic red kidney bean curry. Originating in North India, this popular dish is all vegetarian. The defining feature is the cooked kidney beans that are simmered in a aromatic and spicy tomato sauce. Not all versions are vegan friendly, however, as sometimes yogurt or cream is added — and one of my favorite versions features paneer cheese. I've presented several variations of rajma here at Lisa's Kitchen, but this one is yet again slightly different and it is completely dairy-free. I used coconut milk for a little creaminess, and I must say it is among the best rajmas I've ever made. To make the meal extra special, I served the rajma with a Brussel sprouts poriyal and hot fresh cooked white basmati rice. To finish the...

This is a summary only. Visit foodandspice.blogspot.com for full recipes and photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management