Saturday 24 March 2018

Rajasthani Thali | Rajasthani Lunch Menu Ideas

Rajasthani Thali is a simple and delicious thali you can put together with just basic ingredients that you have. Because of the climatic conditions and the availability of ingredients in the state, food that could last for several days and could be eaten without heating was preferred. The scarcity of water and fresh green vegetables further influenced the cooking.

Some of the popular dishes revolve around Besan/ Gram Flour and Gatte tops the list. Since I have previously cooked a Rajasthani Meal, that sad needs a redo post, I had to pick new dishes. I again consulted Vaishali for ideas and ended up picking majority from what she has already shared.

Since I had picked up Sunday as the day for these thalis, it was only the elders at home and I fed everybody before I could plate and click pictures. These days I eat later so that nobody is kept hungry and I make a plate that will be clicked and I enjoy it later. So in all that hurry and preoccupation, I didn’t realise that I ought to change the sheet and used the same one as yesterday and yes I have kept for day 3 too.

In all possibility, nobody will be able to quickly differentiate unless they look at the pictures properly.

Anyway coming to the menu, I picked one dish for each category and it was more than filling.

Rajasthani Thali

PIN This

How to plan Rajasthani Thali

Rajasthani Thali Menu Details

Drinks
Aam ka Panna

Snack
Moong Daal Kachori

Chutney
Aam ki Launji

Dry Saute
Besan waali Bhindi

Dal
Rajasthani Dal

Gravy
Paneer Gatta

Roti & Rice
Tikadia
Steamed Rice

Sweets/Dessert
Rabdi Malpua

Rajasthani Lunch MenuThough I should have planned and made some dishes ahead, I made all of this on the same day.

The post Rajasthani Thali | Rajasthani Lunch Menu Ideas appeared first on Cooking 4 all Seasons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management