Thursday 12 November 2020

Polish Seasoning Blend

I've posted this before, but as part of another recipe. However, I find myself reaching for it frequently, and so it merits its own post. It's based on a commercial mix I found in a Polish grocery store, and it is extremely useful: good in beef and pork dishes, and it really shines with poultry and fish. It's just very versatile, and I recommend it highly. I usually make a double recipe. You can also expect me to post more recipes calling for it. 
 
10 minutes prep time 


1 tablespoon mustard seed
1 tablespoon coriander seed
4 teaspoons caraway seed
4 teaspoons sweet Hungarian paprika
1 tablespoon rubbed thyme OR savory
1/2 teaspoon Aleppo or similar not-too-hot chile/paprika

Grind the mustard, coriander, and caraway seeds. Sift them and regrind anything that didn't go through. When all is ground finely, mix with the remaining spices. Keep sealed in a jar in a cool, dark spot until needed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management