Sunday 25 March 2018

Maharashtrian Thali | Maharashtrian Lunch Menu

Maharashtrian Thali consists of traditionally prepared dishes from the state of Maharashtra. A typical Vegetarian Menu features koshimbir, Aamti or varan, Roti made with different flours, Vegetables, Lentils, Pickles and other condiments, Drinks and sweets.

When it came to picking up regions from where I could do a thali, I was clear from the beginning that I would do a Maharashtrian Thali for sure. Rest of the two had to be decided.

I feel I may have some affinity towards this cuisine by the number of dishes I have cooked from this state. While I have been brave enough to create an A to Z Maharashtrian Sweets, I am yet to assemble a Thali as such.

First of all, having so many dishes already featured from this state, it becomes quite tough to plan a menu. Finally, I realised that I am yet to make some most popular dishes from this state and that’s what I included in the Thali this time.

Also, since I was keeping only one Roti and Rice, it becomes easy to finalize on the gravy part. I was making this on Ugadi and typically we serve Ugadi feast that day. However, since I planned on making this, I thought a typical Maharashtrian Thali that will also have a Puran Poli, would do just great.

Poli is a must for our Ugadi and since its part of the Maharashtrian Thali, it was simply cool to include it as well. I have already made the Maharashtrian way of Puran Poli, apart from that I have two versions of Coconut Poli, Nuts Poli, Upwas Puran Poli.

Shrikhand which is a sweetened thick Yogurt popular in Maharashtra and Gujarat is our favourite too. I have so many versions of this and could still find more variety to make

Mango Shrikhand
Kesar Shrikhand
Shrikhand Sandesh
Kesar Pista Shrikhand
Strawberry Shrikhand
Chocolate Shrikhand
Almond Shrikhand
Almond Pista Shrikhand

I hope you enjoy this simple recreation of the delicious Maharashtrain Thali, which may not have all the dishes traditionally served, its just my humble recreation of the some of the dishes.

Maharashtrian ThaaliPIN This

How to Plan Maharashtrian Thaali

Maharashtrian Thali Menu was

Salad
Maharashtrian Koshimbir

Gravy
Bharli Batate

Dal
Maharashtrian Amti

Roti & Rice
Dhapate
Rice

Sweets/ Dessert

Dryfruit Shrikhand
Puran Poli

Maharashtrian Lunch Thaali

Planning on making this Menu

Other than making Puran Poli, none of the other dishes takes much time.
Of course, I had the curds for Shrikhand hung since the previous day. I prepared this sweet the first thing in the morning and chilled it.
I was planning on making a fried dish but dropped the idea finally. Making the puran polis would already take time.
I had the rice soaked and dal on the pressure cooker. Amti is very simple to make and it hardly takes time.
Even Dhapate which is a mixed flour rotti is quite easy to make.
Overall, I took about 2 hrs to get all these dishes done.

The post Maharashtrian Thali | Maharashtrian Lunch Menu appeared first on Cooking 4 all Seasons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management