Tuesday 27 March 2018

Loaded Nachos with Cashew Cheese Sauce {Vegan}

I'm always open to new ideas and, though I don't follow a strict vegan diet, I do like most of my meals to be vegan friendly. I have already been following a vegetarian diet for over 20 years, so vegan meals come rather naturally to me. Cheese is one thing though that is hard to replicate. Store-bought varieties made with tofu are usually rubbery and unappealing. I have found substitutes using nuts and usually containing nutritional yeast that not only satisfy my cravings, but are delicious in their own right, and high in protein with a much lower sodium content than traditional cheese, thus providing an alternative for those following a low sodium diet. This time I went with a Cheddar-like cheese sauce made with cashews, nutritional...

This is a summary only. Visit foodandspice.blogspot.com for full recipes and photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management