Friday 9 June 2017

Aloo Bhindi Sabzi | How to make Aloo Bhindi Sabzi

Aloo Bhindi Sabzi is one of those simplest side dishes you can make for your working lunch. It’s quick to make and goes so well with rotis. While I have tasted this many times, I never got around making it until I planned this Punjabi Thali sometime back. Since then I have made just this with rotis for my office lunch and it is very easy to make in the mad rush that mornings are.

I love lady’s finger in any form and to remember that while growing up I used to avoid this vegetable just to spite Amma. My brother is a great fan of this vegetable and Amma used to make it very often during the week. I simply used to deny saying I don’t like, just because my brother liked it. I know it was mean and repent that thought now when my kids do that often. Amma always used to make something that I liked when she makes bhindi. I got over my need to pick a fight with my brother after a while. When I started cooking, this ended up being the most frequently cooked vegetable.

Why am I talking about my lunches? Well, we are starting the second week of BM#77, featuring healthy weekday lunch. I wanted to share some working lunch. It can feature anything that is simple to carry or enjoy at home. It can be an elaborate thali as well if you happen to be at home. The choice is wide. I am sticking to showcase my weekday lunch. I was planning to click new pictures, but couldn’t manage. So you will have to enjoy the ones I did for the thali.

Aloo Bhindi Sabzi

Pin Aloo Bhindi Sabzi recipe for later!

Step by Step pictures for making Aloo Bhindi Sabzi

Aloo Bhindi Sabzi

Ingredients Needed:

1/2 cup Potato diced to 1″
1/2 cup Lady’s Finger diced to 1″
1/4 cup Onions chopped
1/2 cup Tomatoes
1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
Salt to taste
A pinch Turmeric Powder
Water as required
2 tsp Cooking Oil
Coriander Leaves for garnish.

Heat a Kadai with 1 tsp oil, saute the diced potatoes till crispy. You can sprinkle some water for faster cooking. Remove and saute the lady’s finger. Remove
In the same pan, saute the onions till brown. Then add tomatoes, salt, and turmeric. Cook in sim till the tomatoes turn mushy.
Then add the red chili powder and saute well. Add 1/4 cup and bring to boil.
When the tomato paste is well cooked, add the par cooked aloo and bhindi.
Combine everything well and garnish with coriander leaves

Aloo Bhindi Sabzi
Aloo Bhindi Sabzi is a simple dish that you can quickly make with roasted potato and Bhindi. Makes a great dish to pack and enjoy during a busy day.
Servings2 people
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time10 minutes
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Heat a Kadai with 1 tsp oil, saute the diced potatoes till crispy. You can sprinkle some water for faster cooking. Remove and saute the lady's finger. Remove
  2. In the same pan, saute the onions till brown. Then add tomatoes, salt, and turmeric. Cook in sim till the tomatoes turn mushy.
  3. Then add the red chili powder and saute well. Add 1/4 cup and bring to boil.
  4. When the tomato paste is well cooked, add the par cooked aloo and bhindi.
  5. Combine everything well and garnish with coriander leaves

BMLogo

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

The post Aloo Bhindi Sabzi | How to make Aloo Bhindi Sabzi appeared first on Spice your Life!.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management