Saturday 23 July 2016

Chocolate Zucchini Bread | Eggless Chocolate Zucchini Bread

For the final week of BM#66, I have opted to do Bookmarked recipes. I have a huge cookbook collection and as if that's not enough I go about bookmarking recipes that catch my attention. This Chocolate Zucchini Bread looked so sinful that I had to make it. 

When I got those Zucchinis I completely forgot about this recipe and was wondering what to do with that remaining Zucchini plus for this theme. When I saw this recipe I was thrilled that I could finally make this. I used only all-purpose flour and the cake came out quite sweet and made a wonderful snack for school.






Chocolate Zucchini Bread

Ingredients Needed:

Flour - 1 and 1/3 cups
Cocoa powder - 2/3 cup
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Baking Powder - 1.5 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Vegetable Oil - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
Zucchini - 1.5 cups, grated
Dark Chocolate Chips + Milk Chocolate Chips - 1/4 cup
Dark Chocolate Chips + Milk Chocolate Chips - 1/4 cup for topping
Almond flakes - 1/4 cup

How to make the Bread

Pre-heat the oven to 170 C. Line a 9"x5" loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.

Grate the Zucchini and keep it aside.

In a bowl take the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda and fluff together.

Then add all the wet ingredients, mix well. Finally, add the grated zucchini along with chocolate chips. Use the spatula and mix gently.

Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle chocolate chips and almond flakes evenly on top of the batter.

Set the oven to 170 C, bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.

Remove from oven and cool in pan for 10 minutes. Then remove bread to a wire rack and cool completely. Store in an airtight container when completely cooled.

Warm for 30 secs when serving.

Notes:

The original recipe is a mix of all-purpose flour and wheat flour. I used only all-purpose flour. The recipe also called for creaming oil and sugar. I will try that next time.

I increased the sugar to 1 cup as this was for kids and I was not going to do any frosting.

If the bread is not done by 50 mins, cover with foil and bake for another 10 mins.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management