Thursday 16 June 2016

Cheesy Garlic Herb Pull Apart Monkey Bread

We are starting the third week of BM#65 and I have picked up one of my favorite themes, Pull apart Bread. I have always been obsessed with this sort of bread/bun and somehow when I saw some handful of pull apart buns/loaves, I thought I should get my group bake these bread.

I have been enjoying all the different pull apart breads that have been baked till date and I wanted to add my share as well. I made a savory version of this pull apart bread as I love savory buns and felt including the herbs will make the buns taste out fo the world! Just as I thought, the buns disappeared within seconds.

I picked up a Sunday to make this bread and when it was resting it was afternoon. The buns were baked and ready by evening, with Peddu going around saying his Tea Snacks is ready. He doesn't drink tea, yet he felt these make great snacks for Tea Time. I wondered how he came to that conclusion. Indeed, as he said, these disappeared so quick that I was happy that I clicked some pictures.







Cheesy Garlic Herb Pull Apart Monkey Bread

Ingredients Needed:

Bread Dough

First rest for 2 hrs
Second rest for 30 mins
Baked for 20 mins at 200C

Bread Dough

All­Purpose Flour / Bread Flour -  3 Cups
Fresh Herbs / Dry herbs - 2 tbsp
Sugar  - 2 tbsp
Instant Yeast  - 2 1/4 tsp
Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
Water, lukewarm - 3/4 Cup + 2 tbsp water
Warm Milk - 1/2 Cup
Salt - 1 tsp
Red Chili Flakes - 1 tbsp

For the Herb Butter

Fresh Herbs - 2 tbsp
Melted Unsalted Butter - 3 tbsp
Garlic - 5 to 7 cloves

Cheese grated - 1/4 cup (I used Mozzarella and Cheddar)

How to make the Monkey Bread

For the Dough

In a wide bowl, take the flour, salt, sugar, instant yeast, mixed herbs, red chili flakes and add the warm milk. Mix well and slowly add water by tbsp. Keep kneading for 5 to 7 mins. Finally, add the olive oil and knead again till the dough bounces back.

Cover with a muslin cloth for it to double. It took me about 2 hours for the first rise or the dough to double its size.

Punch down the dough and transfer to a work surface. Make two logs long logs.

Meanwhile prepare the herb butter by MW the butter till it melts, add the dry herb to it along with crushed garlic.

Now pinch down small equal size balls from the dough. You can either make an even ball or leave it as such since this is going to be a monkey bread. I, however, felt somewhat even balls would have looked better.

Grease a bundt pan ready, and dip or roll each ball into the garlic herb butter, place each ball in the pan. Add grated cheese to it and complete the balls after each is dipped.

Let it sit again for the second rise. Mine took about 30 mins.

Preheat the oven to 200 C, then bake the buns at 200C for 20 mins.

Let it rest for 5 mins before digging in.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management