Monday 9 May 2016

Vegan Wheat Banana Bread | Eggless Wheat Banana Bread

This must be yet another the best Banana Bread I have baked. Yes, I always end up obsessing about Banana Bread and even after having so many Banana Bread, I still plan to bake another version when I come across.

Today's version is not only Wheat but also Vegan. So you have double the goodness in this bread. I baked this bread for my brother who visited us recently. He knows our addiction to chocolate and while I wasn't sure if he loves chocolate too, I know for sure my niece and nephew love chocolates.

So baked chocolates for the kids and other flavours for him. I simply enjoyed how well this turned out. Hubby dear liked it so much that whenever the last few goes too ripe, he says I must now bake a banana bread. I have few more Banana Bread recipes noted down. You can look forward to those as well.

We are starting the second week of BM#64, and this week I will be showcasing some Wheat Recipes. While I was thinking about wheat recipes, all that crossed my thoughts were baked dishes and was quite taken aback when others posted parathas. That's when it struck me that while I wrote wheat recipes, somehow I never thought of parathas.

I have only this one ready and next two have to be cooked now. I have bookmarked two more baked dishes if those don't happen you will read about parathas!
Konda liked this a lot too and preferred eating it during her breakfast time. I was enjoying a bite of this throughout the day, so thought this will make a great brunch dish as well!

 Sending  this to Priya Srinivasan who is hosting my Kid's Delight, themed on Brunch Ideas for Kids.

Vegan Wheat Banana Bread

Ingredients Needed:

Whole wheat flour - 1 1/2 cups
Ripe Banana - 2 big (almost 1 cup)
Cooking Oil - 2/3 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
Walnuts chopped - 1/4 cup
Baking powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Salt a tiny pinch

How to make the Banana Bread

Preheat the oven to 185 C

Grease and flour your baking tray and have it ready.

Pulse the ripe banana to a puree, transfer to a bowl. Add sugar, oil, vanilla essence, baking powder, baking soda and whisk well. Let it sit for 5 mins, then add the wheat flour and mix in gently.

Finally, fold in the chopped walnuts and pat it down.

Bake for 30 to 40 mins or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean. Mine got done in 30 mins, I baked it further for 5 more mins and left it to rest for 15 mins.





Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management