Monday 23 May 2016

Breakfast Oatmeal for Detox Diet

We are starting the fourth week of BM#64 and I will be sharing three Detox Recipes suitable for the Detox diet.

I most surely needed one after the heavy sweet loaded Mega Edition on Mahatrastian I did last month. Anyway as most of my friends know, I am not very keen on diets or can ever hardly fast.

Of course, detox is not dieting, however, I can say it sort similar to our concept of fasting, where one either avoids a certain type of food for a day or in a routine in a week.

The first time I heard this term was when my Dietician shared the Detox Drink, that I will be sharing in this series. The other one was different recipes she suggested for all the course of the meal.

I am starting with the breakfast dish as I ended up making this before I could make the drink. It was such a sudden plan that I wasn't actually prepared and so the hasty pictures. Also, my DSLR has gone bonkers and will have to get it repaired.

Our regular Saturday breakfast is Ven Pongal, however, this weekend Hubby dear wanted a light one and asked if I could make something light. When I suggested Oats, he was fine with it. This is the first time he is eating Oats and I made sure he likes it with all the nuts and fruits decorated on top.

I was first attracted to Detox diet when I came across beautiful looking glasses of never-ending drinks. I later read on this. Check out the internet for more ideas, there are so many diets one can follow.

However in the gist, detox diet means getting rid of the toxins that get built up in our body because of various heavy eating etc. So following a certain type of diet helps the body handle it better.
The recipe is very simple and easy to assemble.

Breakfast Oatmeal with Fruits and Nuts

Oats - 1 cup
Water - 2 cups
Milk - 1 cup
Sugar/ Honey as required
Fruits and Nuts as per choice

How to make the Breakfast Oats

Bring the water to boil, add the oats and cook till done. Add the milk and sweeter as per taste.

Either serve hot or chilled. If serving hot, the fruits and nuts do not go well. So I served it room temperature with the seasonal fruits and nuts on top




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management