Thursday 17 March 2016

Phool Gobi Bhurji | Cauliflower Bhurji

This is yet another fastest pan to plate dish. We have already made it twice seeing how tasty it was. Amma had made it for dinner and said it was so delicious that I ought to taste it. Since I was making dosa for dinner, I said I will take a rain check. However requested they to click a picture for me to see how it looks. So the picture is courtesy my Dad, who clicked it from his iphone and plating that Amma and Konda did. We made it again for my lunch and I decided this was going to be the next Bhurji dish, even though I had another one already clicked.

Seeing how beautiful the picture looks, I didn't want to click another one today, so sharing it as such here. While I love cauliflower as the Manchurian and many times as part of the kurma, I sometime have aversion to the smell. However in this bhurji style it wasn't smelling at all. Being such a quick dish to get done, it makes a great dinner dish.  Did you notice the tomato being cut in a shape? Well that's what Amma had done and Konda was saying that the angle should horizontal to showcase the tomota flower. I still feel the tomato flower looks cute from top.

So for the second day of BM#62 for Bhurji Recipes, I have this Phool Gobi Bhurji.
Cauliflower Bhurji

Ingredients Needed:

Cauliflower florets - 1 cups
Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
Green chilies - 3 nos
Ginger - 1"
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder a pinch
Mustard Seeds, Channa Dal, Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Curry leaves handful

How to make the Cauliflower Bhurji

Wash and par boil the cauliflower florets in water for 5 mins. I normally MW the florets in water for 5 mins.

Drain and keep it aside for 10 mins. Once it cools down, grate the cauliflower to fine bits. Since its drained there is no water when grated, else you can squeeze out a bit.

Make a paste of chilies and ginger to a smooth paste.

Heat a non stick pan with oil, add the mustard, urad dal, channa dal, curry leaves, saute well.

Now add the green chili paste and saute well. Next add the grated cauliflower, turmeric and cumin powder, combine everything well.

Add the freshly grated coconut and mix. Simmer for 2 mins and your Bhurji is done.

Serve with rotis.




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management