Wednesday 16 March 2016

Onion Pepper Egg Bhurji ~ Under 15 Minutes Recipe

We are starting the third week of BM#62. I have what I thought as an interesting theme to explore, Bhurji Recipes and sadly just realized that I have twists of the same of what I have already done, posted. I should have known. However in the trill of making it and clicking I overlooked this part.

I started this series on Food memoir, featuring some of my childhood favorite dishes, along the way I completely forgot and didn't update for a while. I really wonder if I will be able to continue it. However I did enjoy reading those posts again.

The theme says the dish should be in scrambled format, with egg or without. So you have the option of using paneer, cabbage, cauliflower or even potato for that matter. However the idea was to be innovative. I ended up cooking up the regular!

The first in the series is the Egg Bhurji cooked with onions and loads of pepper. 

As I said Egg Bhurji was something that was my favorite when I used to eat eggs during teens. Amma often use to make this for me. After I stopped eating, I haven't seen this being made at home. Few months after taking up cooking after marriage, I offered to make it for Hubby dear and he refused , saying it's one of those dishes he dislikes. So this was never made until recent times.

I am not sure where Konda tasted this, maybe Amma made it for her. I made this quickly during the time my SIL had visited and all of a sudden, I had konda saying she loves egg bhurji and she wants this cooked for her often going forward. So you see I ended up cooking up couple of versions for her.

Onion Pepper Egg Bhurji

Ingredients Needed:

Eggs - 2
Onions - 1 big
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
coriander leaves for garnish
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt to taste

How to make the Bhurji

In a non stick pan, heat oil and saute the onions till it turns translucent. Add salt and turmeric and stir well.

Now break in the eggs directly, sprinkle half the pepper powder and quickly scramble it together. Simmer the flame and make sure the egg is cooked well. Even if its not completely cooked, it is fine as egg hardens in few minutes.

Sprinkle in the remaining pepper powder over the scrambled eggs and garnish with coriander leaves.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management