Wednesday 16 March 2016

Aloo Mutter Kabab | Sprouted Peas Aloo Tikkis

We are starting the third week of BM#62 with an interesting and challenging theme on Snacks for Toddlers, theme for my Kids Delight!

While I never miss taking up to cook for my Kid's Delight Event, that are guest hosted by my buddies, this theme was really a challenge. The rule that I have for the entries are that, all the submitted entries should be kid approved. So under this theme, it was quite a challenge as my kids are no longer toddlers!

So I spent quite sometime going back to my older posts done during the period my twins were toddlers. I started my blog when my twins were 7 months and it was quite a challenge during the time they entered their toddlerhood and we struggled to have enough ideas to make for them. They infact went on regular food pretty quick. However we also had planned some snacks to introduce.

These simple sprouted peas and aloo tikkis are best to be given to toddlers and we also ensured it wasn't so spicy. Try this for your toddle and enjoy!

Kindly excuse my hasty clicks, it was all done under 2 minutes as these were gobbled up so quickly! Will have to make this again for better clicks. 

Sending this to Sapana, who is guest hosting my Kids Delight Event, themed on Snacks for Toddlers.

Aloo Mutter Kabab | Sprouted Peas Aloo Tikkis

Ingredients Needed:

Sprouted Peas - 2 cups
Potatoes - 4 medium
Coriander leaves - 1 cup tightly packed
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
Roasted Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Green chilies - 3 no
Ginger - 1"
Oil for pan cooking

How to make the Tikkis

Sprout peas and keep it ready. Boil with enough water, cool and make a paste.

Make a paste of Coriander leaves, ginger and Green chilies. Keep it aside.

MW potatoes for 5 to 6 mins, peel skin and mash well.

Heat a non stick pan with oil, add the cumin seeds, once it crackles, add the green chili paste, saute well for 2 mins.

Next add the peas paste, mix well and cook for 5 mins or till it is nicely done. Now add the mashed potatoes and all the spice powders.

Combine everything well together and adjust spice.

Remove and cool.

Once cooled down, divide into equal balls, flatten as Tikkis and pan fry on a hot pan on both sides.

Serve as such or with ketchup.
Notes:

If you are serving your toddler, reduce the spice to the child's perferance else you can increase as per the kids age. 

These Kebabs harden on cooling down that it becomes a good finger food for them!



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management