Friday 26 June 2015

Mung Dal Vada (North Indian Lentil Fritters)

Clearly I have a sort of addiction to Indian savories and my introduction to vadas has done nothing to curb that. Popular in South India, vadas are fried savories made with dal and spices that are now popular in many parts of India and beyond. Often disc or doughnut shaped, this popular street food can be eaten for breakfast or as a snack with any variety of chutneys, and are a fine feature of any meal, often served up as an appetizer with some sambar or rasam. I adore them so much that they can easily serve as a main course for me, especially in the summer when my appetite is rather sporadic. These ones combine the earthy sweet flavors of split mung and toor dal. They are rather easy to prepare too. Though I rarely deep fry foods,...

This is a summary only. Visit foodandspice.blogspot.com for full recipes and photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management