Friday 29 August 2014

Cabbage and Egg Noodle Kugel

I will confess that until now I was unfamiliar with kugel. It is a baked Jewish dish, somewhat like a casserole or pudding, made with noodles and eggs and sometimes potatoes. There are endless variations with different vegetables, seasonings and sweeteners — sometimes nuts or dried fruit and cinnamon are included. Depending on how sweet they are, they can be served as a side, for dessert or for breakfast or brunch. These savory and slightly sweet cabbage and leek snack-size kugels make for an excellent breakfast. The recipe is adapted from Cooking Inspired by Estee Kafra. I received a copy for possible review and this is one of the first recipes I tried because it was new to me. I don't often eat eggs, but I was intrigued. My...



This is a summary only. Visit foodandspice.blogspot.com for full recipes and photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management