Monday 23 April 2018

Bean salad

I make this salad quite often at my home and also when we have a huge gatherings. It makes a great appetizer. It is full of beans and finely chopped vegetables. This salad is rich in fiber and keeps you full for a longer time. You can make it to impress the mild eaters ( my American guests love it). 





Here are the ingredients
Canned mixed beans- 2 cans
Canned sweet corn- 2 cans
Finely chopped onion, green peppers, red peppers, yellow peppers, tomato( deseeded), semi ripen Mango
For dressing- zesty Italian 
Salt to taste

Preparation 
Open the cans and combine corn and beans in a colander and rinse them under cold running water. Drain all the water and add them to a big mixing bowl. Add all the chopped vegetables and add two cups of zesty Italian dressing. Add wealth to taste and refrigerate at least an hour before serving. You can add or remove the vegetables based on your taste, I love adding freshly chopped cilantro and mint. 

You can make to a day ahead and refrigerate it, it tastes much better and saves most of your time in the day of party. It tastes best with the scooped salsa chips. I went for a low calorie waffle thins ( they taste average with this combo to be honest, but as I am watching my weight I had no other option). 

Did you enjoy my recipe, please post your comments below. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management