Wednesday 2 September 2015

Tzatziki | Greek Creamy Cucumber Dip for Gyro

Tzatziki or Greek Yogurt Cucumber Dip was the first one I came across before I knew about Gyro. Somehow this made me check out the recipe in detail and I decided I was going to make it. I made a Veggie Gyro with Tzatziki. This is a famous Greek combination, mostly prepared with meat. I choose to make with grilled vegetable and Cottage Cheese.

Tzatziki  is a Greek sauce served with grilled meats or as a dip. Tzatziki is made of strained yogurt (usually from sheep or goat milk) mixed with cucumbers, garlic, salt, olive oil, sometimes lemon juice, and dill, mint, or parsley. I didn't have parsley or dill, had mint and my dip had a hint of it as I am not so fond of mint in most dishes like this.

I followed this recipe and mostly ended up making that way. Konda was so taken in by the dip that she wanted on her sandwiches as well. 



Greek Tsatsiki 

Strained Yogurt - 1 cup
Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
Cucumber - 1/2 medium
Vinegar - 1tsp
Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt and pepper to taste

How to make the Greek Tsatsiki Dip

Peel and grate the cucumber. Squeeze out the excess water as this dip needs to be creamy and not runny.

Strain your regular curds to get thick yogurt. Then mix the curds with minced garlic, vinegar, olive oil and grated cucumber.

Blend everything well and adjust seasoning.

Refrigerate for atleast a day or 6 hours before serving. 

Serve it as dip for Vegetarian Gyros


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 56

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management