Saturday 8 August 2020

Tamarind Lentil Curry

Although I didn't grow up with tamarind or even having heard of it, once I discovered south Indian food I've always kept tamarind pulp or paste around in my pantry to add its wonderful tangy, sweet and sour flavor to curries and chutneys. It's one of my favorite ingredients, and I never go very long without using it. If you like tamarind too, this simple lentil curry features the taste of tamarind prominently. Firm cooked green lentils are coated in a thick tamarind sauce that together with warming spices is a pleasure to cook and eat at any time of year, and especially when you're looking for an uncomplicated dinner idea. It's ideally served with fresh cooked white basmati rice and a small cooling green salad on the side. Note: This...

This is a summary only. Visit foodandspice.com for full recipes and photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management