Thursday 29 March 2018

Banana Oatmeal



Oats are one of my favorite recipes because they are healthy and filling. I use whole grain rolled quaker oats these are comparatively better in nutritional value than the quick cooking oats. The recipe is very simple and can be prepared in 10 minutes. Banana oats are my favorite breakfast as it keeps me full until afternoon. This recipe is also good for the diabetic patients as heart patients. Oats are very right option for a weight loss, because of low glycemic index and high fiber content. They are anti inflammatory and rich in antioxidants. I prefer having my breakfast after workout but i have to drop my kiddo at the school and go to gym, so I usually have breakfast before my workout. 

Ingredients 
Half cup of whole grain rolled oats ( old fashioned oats)
Water 1cup
One Banana 
Nuts optional




Method
In a thick bottom vessel add oats and rinse it once. Add a cup of water and bring it to boil, keep stirring it until it thickens and cooks throughly. Add a pinch of salt if you prefer at this step and mix. Turn off the stove and add pealed and cut banana. If you have a potato masher use it to mash the banana or you could use a fork. Serve it in a serving bowl and sprinkle some nuts on top and enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management