Tuesday 21 November 2017

Homemade Baked Chickpea Falafel

Falafel is a traditional Middle Eastern street food that is popular in the West too. I've never found that restaurants in my city offering falafel satisfy my craving for these little bites, so what to do except make my own. Typically deep-fried and sometimes made with chickpeas that have been soaked for at least 12 hours but that aren't cooked before using, I always prefer cooking my chickpeas. I bake them rather than frying for a healthier alternative. They really are easy to make. All you need is a food processor, a baking sheet, and a bit of patience shaping them into little balls of goodness. They are not as crispy as the deep-fried version, but I really prefer the texture and goodness of baked falafel without all the grease and fuss....

This is a summary only. Visit foodandspice.blogspot.com for full recipes and photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management