Friday 21 July 2017

Snap Peas with Chive & Dill Dressing

I wanted to make a snap pea salad, highlighting the fresh sweet flavour and crisp texture of one of our favourite early summer vegetables. I didn't like the first version I made all that much. Mr. Ferdzy and I did eat it, critiquing it as we went. Our conclusion was they are just so mild and delicate that almost everything I had added overwhelmed them. So for the next version I left out the radishes, the onions, the everything-else I had put in. There isn't very much left now besides the snap peas.

But of course, that's what made this so much better a salad and exactly what I had been picturing to start with. You could serve it on a bed of lettuce, I suppose, if you had some.

Be sure the peas and herbs are completely dry; you don't want any water left on them to thin the dressing. 

2 to 4 servings
20 minutes prep time

Snap Peas with Chive & Dill Dressing

2 cups snap peas
1 teaspoon finely minced fresh dill
2 tablespoons finely minced fresh chives
2 tablespoon thick yogurt
2 tablespoons mayonnaise (light is fine)
salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste

Put a pot of water on to boil for the snap peas. Wash the snap peas, and top and tail them. When the water boils, drop them in and boil for 3 minutes, then rinse them in cold water until cool. Drain them very well.

Wash, dry, and mince the dill and chives. Mix them in bowl that will hold the peas with the yogurt and mayonnaise. Blot the peas completely dry, and mix them in. Season with salt and pepper to taste.





Last year at this time I made Gooseberry Chutney & Jam.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management