Tuesday 20 December 2016

Eggless Mawa Cake | How to make Mawa Cake

Eggless Mawa Cake is the next one on my list of Tea Cakes for Bake-a-thon. I know I am so behind my schedule. Varadha ensured things to go wayward! It was totally unexpected to create so much havoc. We are just coming back to some normalcy.

As expected I am baking just the previous day to post and naturally didn’t have anything to share. For two days I was at home, we were without power, with bare things to manage. I know there were others who were, even more, worst hit.

During the last year floods, there were jokes circulating about seeing the whole family members at one place because of powder outage, that’s exactly happened. We literally were at each other’s hair the whole period. We spent playing cards and other games. I know it sounds strange but Cyclone Varadha made us fonder!

Eggless Mawa CakeThe Chocolate Cake that I had baked the previous day kept the fort from sinking in terms of chocolaty snack. Other than that I also managed to make fresh paneer as there was no power and the milk stocked will go waste. Hubby Dear was joking that it’s also time to bring and declare black milk!

So the snacks that got done on account of rains, the traditional Vazhakai Bajji, Paneer Pakoras. For nearly four more days I just couldn’t bake anything because of power fluctuation. I woke up early this morning to bake this cake and I was remembering that I can clearly remember waking up only to bake and never as a student!

Anyway, this delicious Mawa Cake was on my list since the time I had done Parsi cuisine. I picked up ready made mawa as making Homemade Mawa/Khova seem too laborious right now.

I can’t actually call this a Tea Cake in the fullest sense as the cake was quite sweet. The palkova taste dominates which it is supposed to be. I still have another 100 gms, will experiment more to make a typical Tea cake.

Meanwhile enjoy this!

 Step by Step Pictures for baking Eggless Mawa Cake

  

Eggless Mawa Cake

Servings10 slices
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. If using refrigerated butter, MW for 30 secs to get soft butter. Cream butter along with sugar.
  2. Grate the mawa and warm it in a pan to make it soft. Add this to the butter sugar mix, whisk again.
  3. Add cardamom powder, baking powder, baking soda, cashew nut powder, mix everything and keep it aside for 5 to 10 mins.
  4. Then add the flour, and mix gently. Lastly add milk slowly and mix.
  5. Preheat oven at 185C. Line a baking loaf and pour the batter into the tin.
  6. Top the batter with whole cashews. Bake for 30 mins at 185C. Cover with aluminium foil and bake for another 10 mins.
  7. Remove the foil and bake again for 5 mins.
Recipe Notes

The cake is very moist, so I felt I should have used only 1/2 cup milk.

This is part of the Bake-a-thon 2016

 

 

 

 

 Loading InLinkz ...

The post Eggless Mawa Cake | How to make Mawa Cake appeared first on Cooking 4 all Seasons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management