Sunday 25 September 2016

Scottish Tattie Scones | How to make Scottish Tattie Scone

For the last day of Breakfast, I have another one from Scotland. These are called Tattie Scones. I adapted this from here, where the writer writes so eloquently about these buttery scones, mostly made with leftover mashed potatoes. These are also known as fadge or farls in Ireland, and it is more like a flatbread than a fluffy teatime scone, and cooked fast on a hot griddle.

When making in less amount of potatoes, these are best cooked in butter, else you can make it in oil. However I made it in butter and it was so delicious, surely something that's worth making it again. I made this for Konda's brunch time before she was leaving for her classes. I enjoyed some myself and will surely repeat this again. 

I know I am delayed, somehow I end up procrastinating on Fridays. Saturday was spent working on the site and Sunday seems to simply fly. Anyway, I somehow managed on the pretext of making Konda's Brunch. Do enjoy by indulging in these scones.



Scottish Tattie Scones

Potatoes boiled and mashed - 1 cup
Salted Butter - 2 tbsp
All purpose flour - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste

How to make the scones

MW the potatoes for 6 mins, soak and peel the skin. When it is still hot, mash it along with butter with a fork. Add all purpose flour and make a thick batter.

Heat a nonstick pan with butter and pat down the batter into a circle. Place it on the hot griddle and cook on both sides.

Slice it into triangles and serve immediately.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 68


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management