Wednesday 14 September 2016

Mathura Ke Dubki Wale Aloo | How to make Dubki Wale Aloo

Dubki Wale Aloo is delicious UP style spicy potato curry served especially for breakfast in Uttar Pradesh and Delhi. Apart from being served in breakfast, Dubki wale aloo along with poori makes a way to an elaborate vegetarian meal during marriages in villages.You can relish this curry during fasts as it is no onion no garlic curry. Dubki Wale Aloo can also be served with your favourite parathas and phulkas too. It is very easy to make, loaded with flavours and spices. Let’s go through how to make this lip-smacking curry in minutes…

Next on the list of gravies I have a delicious Mathura Ke Dubki Wale Aloo. I read about this gravy for the first time when I did the theme on Cooking from a TV Soap. I had selected Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon, one of the iconic soaps I have ever come across. While the show was a romantic one, the food was the highlight I would say. The family is from Lucknow and they talk so much about Awadhi Cuisine and in general about the food that's so famous in Lucknow. In one of the episodes, they mention about Mathura Ke Aloo and Bedmi Poori. 

I have so many versions of Bedmi Pooris cooked. Since I have to rely on the source that claims the recipe, I do not claim the authenticity of the recipe. Simply that we have enjoyed the meal in the end. Even those who claim that their recipe is authentic, it will confine to their particular recipe alone. What the street side vendor makes is a best-kept secret, unless they share it with you.

Anyway while doing that theme, I wanted to make that Mathura Ke Aloo, I ended up making Aloo Matar Sabji Katti Dal, Jeera Rice Bedmi Pooris . I guess I didn't really search well for this Mathura ke aloo. I ended up here while searching for something and then I realised I should've searched it differently. So I have another inspiration for this Aloo and I wanted to make Bedmi Poori along with it.


Sometime ago Vaishali had sent me a packet of Bedmi Poori Flour, where everything is already mixed and the flour was just to be kneaded and made into pooris. So sweet of her and I was so happy having that packet. I finally remembered that and used the ready to use flour to make the Bedmi pooris to go along with Mathura Ke Dubki Wale Aloo. The combination was truly memorable!

The aloo recipe is almost like the many aloo recipes that I have cooked before. Yet it is different and the combination makes it different too. I had the feeling I get when I end up baking a chocolate cake. Same ingredients, different measurement, style and the taste changes. I also had this problem when I had made the Indian Food Odsedyy. Each state specified its special with some aloo. In the end, I felt if I was doing a state special or aloo special. I never ever thought one day I might actually end up doing Potato all 26 days.

Anyway, check out this version that was so delicious!


 


Mathura Ke Dubki Wale Aloo

Ingredients Needed:

Medium Potatoes - 3 to 4 

Large tomato puree - 1 cup / 1 large
Roasted Coriander powder - 1 2 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
Amchoor - 1/2 tsp
Ginger grated - 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds, slightly crushed - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Whole dried red chillies, broken - 4 to 5 
Kasuri methi - 1 tbsp
A pinch of Hing
Oil - 2 tsp

How to make the Mathura Ke Dubki Wale Aloo

MW the potatoes for 5 mins Soak and peel the skin.

In a nonstick pan heat oil. Add cumin seeds and broken chillies, saute for a min.

Next add crushed methi seeds and hing.

Now add grated ginger and fry for few secs. Add tomato puree and saute on high heat for a while. 

Then add all the spice powders and combine well. 

Add potatoes and gently mix. Add about 3 cups of water and bring to boil. Cook till you get the consistency you want.

Finally, add Kasuri methi and remove

Serve hot with Bedmi pooris or of your choice.




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 68


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management