Tuesday 13 September 2016

Curry Patta Aloo | Potato in Curry Leaf Gravy

Next in the gravies with Potatoes, I have a very new dish that inspired me to complete this series with Indian Gravies. I read this when Alka shared it for Cooking from Cookbook group. The gravy looked so interesting and I was immediately pushed to have this included in this list. 

I made this for our Sunday Lunch. Hubby dear gave a miss and it was only the other elders at home who had this. It was so amazingly delicious that I plan to make it again. Of course, we can make it without the aloo as well. Aloo gives a nice distraction. However, I feel the gravy on its own tastes out of the world. 

It was a day without my P&S, so I had to depend on my mobile for these SBS pictures, then I also ended up forgetting my DSLR. So I had to depend on iPhone and Samsung. I almost feel the pictures came out pretty decent. I slightly changed couple things, and enjoyed it so much!




Curry Patta Aloo

For Curry Patta Masala:

Fresh Curry Leaves - 2 handfuls or 1 cup tightly packed
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Cumin Powder 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder a pinch
Salt to taste

For the Gravy:

Boiled Baby Potatoes - 250 gms
Onion finely chopped - 1 cup / 2 medium ones
Tomatoes finely chopped 2 nos
Grated garlic 2 tsp
Grated ginger 1 tsp
Chopped green chilli 2 to 3 
Oil 1 tsp
Butter - 1 tbsp

How to make the Gravy

I have preserved curry leaves as a powder when I have excess on hand. I mostly use MW for the process

Wash and pressure cook the baby potatoes. When it cools down, peel the potatoes and keep it aside.

Wash and dry the curry leaves and pat dry.

MW the curry leaves for 3 mins. Allow to cool down. Crush with your hands. Take the powder in a mixer along with the spice powders and pulse it a couple of times to get a powder. Keep it aside.

Heat a nonstick pan with oil, add grated garlic, ginger, finely chopped green chillies and saute well. Then add onions, saute till it changes colour. Add the powder to the pan, mix well. Then add finely chopped tomatoes.

Cook well and add water and bring to a boil. When the gravy starts cooking, add the boiled potatoes and simmer till the gravy thickens.

Finally, add the butter to the pan and cook for few seconds and switch off.

Serve with rice



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 68


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management