Tuesday 24 May 2016

Restaurant Love: Schmidt's Hotdogs

Schmidt’s is one of the well-known hotdog brands in Manila. It serves various well-garnished hotdog sandwiches at relatively steep price but are worth every penny. It has been years since I last had a bite of Schmidt’s hotdogs and when I spotted it last weekend, I made sure that I do not miss my chance sinking my teeth into some juicy meaty treat. 

Hello, Schmidt’s
The place is pretty small and seemed to be designed to look like a kiosk with a few tables and benches for dining. Since Podium is hardly packed even during holidays, we easily got a table. 

My mom and sister were still stuffed from lunch so we decided to just go with one sandwich—The Julius (PHP190). I also added PHP60 to get one liter of Iced Tea which is normally priced at PHP90.

Service was quick and we got our meal and drink in less than 5 minutes.
The iced tea wasn’t very sweet making it a great thirst quencher.
 
I fell in love with the hotdog sandwich’s bread. It was very soft and fluffy. 
The hotdog was juicy and flavorful, as always. It had a slight smoky taste and I loved its firm texture. It was a tad salty because of the generous serving of parmesan cheese and bacon strips but it was balanced by the bread, cabbage and caesar dressing
Overall though, it was a filling 7 inch sandwich and definitely value for money given its taste. 

Schmidt’s is located at 4th Floor, Podium Mall, Ortigas Center, Pasig City

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management