Friday 25 March 2016

Sonth ki Chutney ~ Chutney for Chat

When I decided to make Fried Palak Ki Chaat, I had to make the Sonth Chutney. I enjoy making all the Imli Chutney, Hara chutney for the Chats and mostly make in huge batch so that I could make couple of chats together. Konda enjoys all the chat items and it makes sense for me to make these chutneys and store for couple of days.

So this sonth chutney was something I was making for the first time. I try to avoid ginger as I am not a great fan. However since it is so healthy, I end up adding it both fresh and dry form. Hubby dear is a great fan of Sonti Coffee, which is brewed with just dry ginger and water.

I felt this sonth chutney was very good and didn't have a flavour of the sonth much. 

Sonth ki chutney 

Ingredients Needed:

Tamarind - 1 cup 
Jaggery - 3 tbsp 
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Black salt - 1/2 tsp 
Sonth or powdered dry ginger - 1 tsp 
Black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder - 1/4 tsp 
Chaat masala - 1 tsp

How to make the Sonth Chutney

Soak the tamarind and extract its pulp. 

Now mix all the ingredients and cook till slightly thick. 

This stays good for over a week when refrederated





Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management