Friday 18 March 2016

Paneer Bhurji Frankie | How to make Paneer Bhurji for Frankie

For the final day under making Bhurji dishes, I ended up making my favorite one with Paneer. It obviously has to be my favorite and of course with my kids as well. I resort to such dishes when I cook non veg for my kids and the vegetarians food will be simple. So to make it look better, I improvise on what I make.

The day I made this, it was supposed to be something simple, I thought why not make a Frankie with Paneer Bhurji. I made this after the kids had their meal and when they say me assembling it, they were upset that I was having something so fancy and didn't offer to them. So I had to make it for them and they enjoyed it so much. Only they were not able to do justice for it and have been asking me to make it again ever since.

I didn't even remember that I have already posted another version of Paneer Bhurji. As I said I wanted to make something quick and luckily this recipe was so simple and different too.

I enjoyed clicking these pictures which were again clicked in flat 5 mins of being made and consumed.




I enjoyed planning for this theme as it opened up so many options. I would surely wish to have this theme again to try all other versions we may have. I hope you all enjoyed this as much I as did making them!
 




Paneer Bhurji Frankie

Ingredients Needed:

For the Frankie

All purpose flour - 1 cup
Wheat flour - 3 tbsp
Ghee - 1 tbsp

Knead using as much water to a soft pliable dough. Let it rest for 10 mins.

How to make the Wraps

Heat a tawa, grease with oil. Divide the dough into equal balls, dust and roll out as how you will do a paratto.

Cook these on both sides by adding oil. Repeat with the rest of the balls.

For the Paneer Bhurji

Paneer, crumbled - 1 cup
Onions - 1 medium
Green chilies, finely chopped - 2 long
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves handful
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt to taste

How to make the Scramble

Have homemade Paneer ready. Do not set the paneer, just store it as you tie it to squeeze out water. If the paneer is set, then grate it fine.

Heat a non stick pan with oil, add the finely chopped onions and saute till it turns colour, add the green chilies, next add the crumbled paneer and all the spice powders. Mix well and simmer for 2 mins with lid covered.

Adjust spice and switch off, garnish with coriander leaves.

How to assemble the Frankie

Place the cooked wrap on a plate, place as much required filling in the middle and bring both ends together tightly. Insert a toothpick to hold the layers.

Else you can wrap this as how you will do a burrito. Personally I always feel the flaky parotto tastes better as a wrap.

Serve with a side or as such.






Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management