Thursday 31 March 2016

Korean Cucumber Salad

This one couldn't be simpler! Depending on how much red chile pepper you put in, it can also be quite spicy! I did not have access to gochugaru (we are in the boonies here, as I keep lamenting) and so I used my own home-grown Aleppo pepper. Without testing them side by side, my impression is that the heat level is pretty similar.

I only used 1/4 teaspoon as I was serving it to my Mom, and so I added a bit of my own home grown paprika for a bit more of a red colour. I'm emphasizing the home grown bit, because they were also (coarsely) home ground, and tended to clump up. Tasted fine, if slightly uneven.

4 servings
10 minutes prep time
1 hour marinade time

Korean Cucumber Salad

3 small greenhouse cucumbers
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 to 1 teaspoon ground Korean red chile (gochugaru)

Wash, trim, and slice the cucumbers. Put them in a coverable container with the remaining ingredients, and gently mix. Cover and let rest in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management