Friday 12 February 2016

Vazhakkai Podimas | Raw Banana Stir Fry

Its Vazhakkai Podimas again, a recipe that I got from a colleague. She has been getting it frequently. However everytime I taste, I keep asking and forgetting it prompting. Last week, when I had this on hand, I decided I have to make it if I have to remember.

This recipe is made with Sambar powder, however you can simply add red chili powder and coriander powder. Either ways, this is a great side dish along with sambar rice.

The other Vazhakkai Podimas that I posted sometime back is with red chili and dal.
 


Vazhakkai Podimas

Ingredients Needed

Raw Plantain - 2 medium nos
Sambar powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
Salt to taste
Garlic - 3 cloves
Tamarind - small marble size

For tempering

Onion - 1 small
Mustard, Urad dal, Channa dal -1  tsp
Curry leaves few
Oil for cooking

How to make the Vazhakkai Podimas

Wash and peel off the outer skin. Chop into 1 inch cubes.

Heat a non stick pan with oil, saute the banana pieces for 2 to 3 mins. Remove and cool.

Take it in a mixer, add salt, sambar podi, garlic, turmeric powder, tamarind. Pulse for couple of times, and remove.

Heat the pan again, add oil, add the tempering ingredients. Let it splutter. Then add the pulsed banana. Stir well.

Cook for another 3 mins or till done.


This goes for the February Week 2, Cooking from Cookbook Challenge  Group.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management