Tuesday 16 February 2016

Triple Chocolate Cupcake With Chocolate Ganache ~ Microwave and Eggless

There ought to be a story accompanying sinful cupcakes. Yes today's cupcake has one too and I am not beyond sharing it with you all right now. The occasion was that I was meeting my BM buddies after six months. Come to think of it, I didn't realize its been so many months. However we have been planning for this meet quite sometime and finally decided we will meet whoever can make it for the day.

So a special day like that demands I make a special dish right. Of course when the question of lunch came, few were okay with potluck. I didn't think it was on me to cook something special after making my regular Saturday breakfast and lunch for the family. I suggested Pizzas and guess what? Looks like the whole lot were deprived of a pizza treat and wanted to take up this offer. So it was pizza for lunch. Can anything be more appealing to me than this?

Okay now change the scene to the d-day and we all plan heavily on when to meet and what else to get along. This is between me and whoever individual planning to come. Our host was of course Padma, you do realize we have sort of got ourselves adopted to her place. She opened up her doors for us again, poor thing, she underestimates us always! We were there the better part of the day.

So coming to what to carry on, one friend said she assumed it was Padma's birthday and baked a brownie and packed in a birthday box. I said it wasn't, still we won't mind a special brownie for afternoon treat. When all chatting going on whatsapp, I naturally thought I will bake a chocolate cake on Saturday morning. It will serve both the purpose of a new post and a cake to carry. I know two cakes was too much, but who cares! 


As expected I spent so much time just reading on which cake to make, that it was so very late to even decide anything concrete. I think I have talked about how a typical Saturday morning is our home? No? Well its like this, since its a holiday, kids wake up late, still they have tuition to attend. Yet nobody wakes up and I don't bother to wake them up as well. That need to me time kicks in. I sit on the system and aimlessly plan and replan on what all I have cook over the weekend. Then suddenly I glance at the clock and I get surprised on how time has quickly passed away! I curse myself and promise never to sit on the system as I have to prepare naivedyam, so need to have a bath and have the naivedyam ready in flat 10 mins time before the Hubby Dear does the pooja! Then there is that case of Grilled Cheese Sandwich for Peddu and Mac and Cheese for Chinnu. Konda eats a mix of both. 

Along this crazy cooking, I will have to cook lunch as well. On this Saturday, I planned on a cake baking as well. Top it with step by step pictures and you have a perfect case of headless hen! So in all this confusion, I called up Veena and confirmed on the time. I was two minds on either baking or just going. The need for a post was more pressing than anything else.

I hurriedly mixed the batter, there was no recipe to follow. I added everything on the go. Just making sure I remember things in the measurement I added. So I added 3 different chocolates into the cake, hence the name. And lack of time meant I had to do Microwave. 

Any regular cake can be easily adapted to microwave mode, provided you remember to add more moisture to it, and yes the cupcake turned out very moist.

I had shared my own frosting and my poor hand at decoration. However I requested Konda to bake the rest of the batch and click the final pictures for me. The entire credit for the beautiful picture that I am sharing today goes to Konda. She was worried that I may not like her styling and wanted to improvise, however her brothers devoured all the cupcakes she baked and rest of the batter was refrigerated.

You do agree the cupcake really comes out calling right!

We are starting our third week of BM#61 and I will be sharing some chocolate dishes which is for the Kids Delight event.


Sending this to Kalyani, who is guest hosting my Kids Delight Event, themed on Chocolate


Triple Chocolate Cupcake

Ingredients Needed:

All purpose flour / Maida - 2 cups
Sugar - 1 & 1/2 cup
Cocoa powder - 4 tbsp
Butter - 3 tbsp
Milk - 2 cups
Ganache - 1/4 cup (see below)
Baking powder - 1&1/2 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Chocolate Chips - 1/2 cup

Ganache
Milk compound - 3/4 cup
Butter - 3 tbsp

Chocolate chips, Sugar hearts, Sprinkles for garnish

How to make the cake

MW the milk compound for 1 min and mix with butter. Whisk well and keep it aside.

In a bowl, take the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, butter, baking powder, baking soda, chocolate chips, 1/4 cup of milk ganache

Mix with a spatula and add milk slowly. Add enough to get a pouring consistency.

Line a muffin cup in a muffin tray, add the batter to half the cup.

MW for 30 sec, then MW again for 1 min.

Frost with ganache. and decorate with chocolate chips, sugar heats and sprinkles.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management