Friday 19 February 2016

Indian-Style Split Pea Soup with Cornmeal Dumplings

Split pea soup is a classic Canadian comfort food. If you are Canadian, you probably remember growing up eating cans of Habitant pea soup, or maybe you still do. Simple with little else but split peas, salt, onion and maybe a few diced carrots or celery, my husband still adores split pea soups. But I can't bring myself to make something quite so basic — but I don't mind turning something basic into something extraordinary. So this split pea soup is "Indian-ized" with Indian seasonings, but it's extra special because I also put in some plump, colorful and hearty spiced cornmeal dumplings in the soup too. This is pretty much a complete comfort meal in a bowl, and is one of the finest soups I have made in a while. The broth itself was...

This is a summary only. Visit foodandspice.blogspot.com for full recipes and photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management