Tuesday 9 February 2016

Eggless Chocolate Muffin with Assorted Chocolate Chips

We are starting the second week of BM#61, I will be sharing some Baked Snacks for Kids. I guess when it comes to the baked snacks, I really don't have to think much. There are so many cakes and muffins that I still have to bake.

However I had spent quite sometime, trying to select different baked dishes. In the end I settled with simple ones and I knew I should have done this ahead. However my list is ever increasing. This recipe happened when I was thinking what to pack for the boys for their snack box. I happened to see this on the Instagram and didn't know if I already have such a recipe on the blog. Yes there are so many eggless muffins on the blog that I have given up to check them. 

All it took was some 10 minutes to get this muffin mixed and baked in next 15 mins. I did't let them taste it though. Wanted them to exercise some control on their chocolate addiction. I have been using some Dutch-Processed Cocoa Powder offlate and then my cousin got me this fresh Cocoa powder from Munnar. I had opened it recently and was taken in by the looks of that dark intense chocolaty look. Why is that one feels the urge to pen poetic verses on looking at chocolaty things? Is it only the crazy me or does it happen to all?


Anway the looks and the aroma of the cocoa powder promised such wonderful dreams, that I was happy with just those and not even a taste of the muffin. By the looks of how these muffins were received, I was sure it was well received.

Sending this to PJ, who is guest hosting my Kids Delight Event, themed on Baked Snacks.

If you also want to know about The best moist chocolate cake I baked in recent times, then check out the Eggless Moist Chocolate Cake
Eggless Chocolate Muffins with Assorted Chocolate Chips

Ingredients Needed: 

Dry Ingredients

All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
Cocoa powder - 2.5 tbsp
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Baking soda 1/4 tsp
Sugar - 3 tbsp
Salt a pinch

Wet Ingredients

Milk - 1/4 cup
Honey  - 2 tbsp
Curds / Yogurt - 2 tbsps
Olive Oil - 2 tbsps
Apple cider vinegar - 1 tsp
Vanilla extract few drops

Assorted Chocolate chips -  3 tbsp + some for garnish

How to bake the Chocolate Muffin

Pre heat the oven at 185 C.

In bowl, take all the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients one by one and mix well. 

combine everything, however do not over beat. Check for dropping consistency and add little more milk if required.

Save some chips for garnish, add rest to the batter and mix well. I added some dark chocolate, milk chocolate and mixed white and milk chocolate chips.

Line the muffin tray with muffin cups and scoop the batter into the cups and fill till half.

Bake at 185 C for 15 mins.

Allow to cool before digging in.




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management