Tuesday 22 September 2015

Mushroom Tikka Masala

One of my favorite ingredients, I scarcely like to go a week without eating mushrooms and will often incorporate them into rice or dishes that don't ordinarily call for them. But sometimes I like to make a dish in which the mushrooms shine as the starring ingredient. That and my usual preference for Indian food means plenty of mushroom curries being served at my table. This time I marinated whole tender button mushrooms in a thick and zesty Indian yogurt and spice "tikka" or marinade. As if these wouldn't be good enough by themselves, I simmered them gently in an incredible smooth Indian-spiced tomato and cashew gravy. Using the mushrooms whole and only gently simmering them in the gravy keeps them plump and meaty for enjoying them as a...

This is a summary only. Visit foodandspice.blogspot.com for full recipes and photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management