Sunday 2 August 2015

No Bake Chocolate Oreo Tart ~ No Bake Desserts

We are starting the August edition of BM and the week 1 is going to be No Bake Desserts. I didn't realize that I ended up picking up two dessert themes, I am doing Nutella Dishes in Spice your Life! And no Bake dessert here and naturally that also means I end up making something with chocolate only.

I was getting into the kitchen after a long time and all I could see on the counter were different chocolates and moulds that had to be decked up. I was making about 4 to 5 in one shot and somehow my regular capabilities were not up to the mark. I managed somehow. Obviously kids were so delighted to have so many chocolate treats for the weekend!



For day 1, its a No bake Chocolate Oreo Tart. The Oreo cookies were bought couple of weeks before, I was hoping I would be able to make it and boys were warned not to look at it. They were happy knowing they will anyway get to eat them in a different form and this tart was so enjoyed to their heart's content. I was inspired by this. I was so happy with the final taste!

That one slice is all I got to taste!






No Bake Chocolate Oreo Tart

Ingredients Needed:

Oreo crust:

Oreo cookies - 20 nos
Butter - 1/4 cup

Chocolate Cream filling:

Cream - 1/2 cup
Dark chocolate - 1 cup
Butter - 1 tbsp

To decorate:

Chocolate chips
Sprinkles

Pie moulds - 6" 2 nos

How to make No Bake Chocolate Oreo Tart


To make the crust, crumble the oreo cookies and blend well. Add butter and mix well. Ensure the cookies hold well.

Press the cookie mix to the moulds and freeze for 10 mins.

In a pan, bring cream to boil, remove and add the dark chocolate and butter. Let it dissolve, and then pour over the oreo crust. Decorate with chocolate chips, sprinkles and some Oreo biscuits.

Chill for 2 hours at least, or overnight. Unmold, serve, and enjoy!




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management