Tuesday 23 June 2015

Eggless Mango Tea Cake | How to make Condensed Milk Mango Cake

We are starting the final and fourth week of BM#53. I will be posting all Kid Friendly Dishes themed on Fruits all the way.

As per the rules, all the dishes made for my event will have to be kid friendly and kid approved. It could be any age group. Mostly I try making dishes that are approved by all three of them. However my boys are very choicy and selective. If its chocolate, pizzas they are fine, else they are not very fond. 

So its been mostly my daughter who approves a dish for this theme. She has been doing it since I started this event. The next three dishes are something she enjoyed and especially today's mango cake was her favorite.

Kids Delight this month is hosted by Harini, who is calling for ideas on using fruits in the dishes. I had a tough time thinking what I could make as when I thought of cakes, only chocolate comes to mind. Then with Banana, I have couple of combinations. 


With the seasonal special fruit still being in season, I decided to use that. I love tea cake and this cake has the same texture, soft, crumbly and not sticky at all. I was hesitant if I could store this in room temperature for long. It was good in our hot climate at room temperature for 3 days.

Konda started her 10th grade and has long school hours. I have been wanting to pack filling snacks for her evenings. she was very happy to carry these mango cake for her evening snacks. That made me look out for more such options. And I also decided that I should have a section that caters only to those foods that can be packed and stay good for over 8 hrs. So watch out for that!

Coming back to the cake, I can't stop talking enough about it as it was just the right sweetness, crumbly and soft and very filling. The mango taste is not very overpowering. I could have increased a bit, however I felt it was ok to have a neutral tasting cake. And yes before I forgot this cake was loved by the boys as well. I sent it for their snacks as well. 

I know I might be going on and on, let me give you a slice!

Sending this to Harini, who is hosting my Kids Delight event, themed this edition on Fruits in all forms!



Eggless Mango Tea Cake 

Ingredients Needed

All purpose flour - 1 cup 
Condensed Milk - 1/2 cup
Powdered Sugar - 1/4 cup
Olive Oil - 1/4 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Mango puree - 1/2 cup
Pinch of salt

How to make the Eggless Mango Tea Cake

Pre heat the oven at 175 C

In a bowl, take the flour, add baking powder, baking soda, salt and fluff together.

Next add the oil, condensed milk and mango puree. using a spatula or whisk, blend everything gently.

Depending on the consistency you could add milk or water to get the consistency. I add about 2 tbsp water for it to be dropping consistency.

Pour it into a greased floured bundt baking pan. pat the tray down for the batter to settle down well.

Bake for 20 mins. Do the doneness test, bake for 5 more mints if required. I totally baked it for 25 mins.

Cool it for 5 mins, reverse over a wire rack and slice when the cake is cooled down.

Store in a airtight container.
Notes

You can add either mango or Vanilla essence if you want.
Olive Oil can be replaced by butter.
You could add nuts on top





Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management