Monday 22 June 2015

Creamy Vegan Coleslaw Dressed with Avocado

Yesterday was officially the first day of summer. This year, it has been feeling like summer for over a month now with plenty of rain and invigorating sunshine. My outdoor garden is happy about that. It also means more salads on the menu, and this one is refreshing and nourishing. Coleslaw is a summer favorite, as is potato salad. I made this vegan version because I am not overly fond of mayonnaise. I do enjoy cheese, so I don't follow a strict vegan diet, but the majority of my meals are dairy-free. The avocado-based dressing is tart and creamy and makes for a better coleslaw than any I've ever eaten. I maintain that avocados ought to be a daily part of your meal plans, even if that means simply scooping out the flesh and enjoying for...

This is a summary only. Visit foodandspice.blogspot.com for full recipes and photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management