Wednesday 29 April 2015

Onion Bread | Korean YangPaBbang

Its a feeling of rush you get when you finally get something done and done successfully! Yes we have completed the Mega BM on Baking and we all managed to bake, eat and share 26 posts non stop this month. It was all about Fire'ing our oven and keeping the readers and family happy with the bakes.

Though I started couple of weeks before the start, I somehow managed to have a cool ride the first two weeks. Then I scraped through the third and fourth and almost managed the last three posts as well. Imagine feeling lost on the last day!

Yes things were not working my way and I almost thought I won't be able to bake this bread I had wanted. I had planned on baking Varada's Onion Bread and had got all the things read. Infact went overboard and got all three coloured bell peppers. Something or the other came up and I was not able to bake.



Something prompted me to knead the dough in the morning and ended up thinking that I might have to let it rise in the fridge. Luckily some work came up that delayed me leaving to office and I made the best use of the time to bake it completely. Only hitch was, I wasn't around to click the final picture.  

I requested Konda and Hubby dear to click for me and I was so impatient the whole day to get back to see the pictures. When I returned only couple of slices were kept for me and I could in no way click how I had envisioned in mind. However I was happy with whatever they clicked. 

As known I didn't read through the recipe and after getting the onions and bell pepper on the stove, I realized I was sauteing them. I quickly read then and switched off after 5 mins of sauteeing. The vegetables were soft by then.



Also this prevented me from adding the cheese directly to the filling. So allowed it to cool down and added on top. The texture and the filling was so delicious and I really had a great dinner. The two slices were so filing as well. And I finally checked out the original link as well and realized that was with meat. Anyway everything who eat this bread loved it and wanted a repeat!

Hope you had enjoyed all the bakes I did this month as much as I had. There was not a single bake that I didn't like. And we ended up with an ever more increased bookmarks. We are planning to do the roundup shortly, so come back then.










Onion Bread | Korean YangPaBbang

Ingredients Needed:

For the dough

All purpose flour - 2 cups* (1 tbsp Cornflour + 1 tbsp Gluten)
Butter - 2 tbsp. 
Instant Yeast - 1 tsp.
Salt - 1/2 tsp + a small pinch
Lukewarm Milk - 1 cup + 2 tbsp

For the filling

Processed Cheese - 1 cup
Cheese Slice - 1 
Red, Yellow and Green Bell Peppers - 2 cups
Onion - 3/4 cup
Red Chili powder - 1/2 tsp. 
Salt and Black pepper to taste
Coriander leaves for garnish.

How to bake the Onion Bread

To make Bread flour, sift all purpose flour with cornflour and gluten. Some suggest adding baking powder to the all purpose flour too. 

In a mixing bowl take the flour and add all the ingredients except butter and milk. Then rub in the butter and crumble well. Then add the milk and knead to a soft dough. Transfer to the counter and knead for another 10 - 15 mins. 

Cover with a cling wrap and keep in pre heated oven to rise. Let it double..

Meanwhile prepare the filling. Heat pan with a tsp oil, Let the Onion juliennes sweat, then add the bell peppers. Add salt and pepper. Cover with a lid. Saute for 5 mins on high.

Keep in a colander for it to drain. 

Now when the dough doubles, which might be an hour or 1 & 1/2 hrs or just doubles, knead down slowly.

Preheat oven to 200 C. Prepare a loaf pan by rubbing a half teaspoon of Olive oil along the bottom. 

Sprinkle some flour on your work surface and transfer the risen dough to it. Roll out the dough using a rolling pin to a thick rectangle.

Place about 3/4th of the filling in the centre of the rolled out dough.

Fold in both sides and seal the edges. Flip over and place in the prepared loaf pan. Keep aside covered for 20 minutes.

Add the remaining filling over the top of the loaf. I added fresh onions as well along with cheese cubes and finely chopped coriander leaves over the top. 

Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Switch off the oven and let the loaf stay inside for another 15 minutes.

Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool before slicing.



Notes:

I didn't read the recipe until I sautéed the filling. So I added the cheese in the end. I didn't have mozzarella cheese, so added sliced cheese and processed cheese.




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 51


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management