Monday 11 August 2014

Chickpeas Dressed with Fresh Basil Pesto

I adore summer for many reasons. Pretty much half of the year in Canada is dark and cold, so warmer weather and sunshine ought to be enjoyed. Of course, as someone who focuses on fresh ingredients and good flavor, I also relish the wonders of what I plant in the backyard each summer. Peppers are prominent in all their glory, as are tomatoes and herbs. Usually two kinds of basil are an annual treat. Lemon basil just happens to be my favorite. Here I have used some of my harvest and pulsed it up to make a pesto to dress plump and buttery chickpeas. If you want to make this recipe vegan, simply omit the goat cheese and adjust the amount of olive oil accordingly to make the paste. I did appreciate the creaminess the goat cheese added to...



This is a summary only. Visit foodandspice.blogspot.com for full recipes and photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management