Wednesday 5 April 2017

English Muffin Bread from United Kingdom

English Muffin Bread was my first choice when I decided on this letter. I have always wanted to try this bread for a long time. I had my eye on those small buns as well. However, I decided I would bake the loaf as it was so much more appealing.

I remember Pavani baking this bread and I had bookmarked it. Well, I have bookmarked so many bread from her collection and her breads are always so beautiful. Somehow I felt my oven doesn’t give out bread with the same ease as cakes or cookies. I knew the reason being me stuck at 185C. Anyway, it was also one of the reasons why this bread looks slightly pale. I am planning to bake this again at 200C.

The day I baked this bread, it was pretty hot and the dough rose so quickly. I was so unprepared and had to quickly bake it leaving other tasks aside. Peddu was so after me to let him dig into this bread. I had to quickly slice and click pictures. I didn’t toast and just had with mango jam spread on it. It was so delicious.

Kids have started their next academic year and this week has been so hectic, waking up early to pack their lunch box. Boys are now promoted to six grade and they say they are now in middle school and hence have to be called ‘Annas’, well sadly there isn’t anybody to call them that at home. Hopefully, their primary class friends might. Konda’s twelfth classes have also begun. All three will have the whole of May for summer vacation.

With the new year, we are getting used to the new school timings. Luckily getting up early, should help me with some extra work for the blog as well. Especially now with the baking. I am getting so worried that I have only this week ready and should plan for the next week soon.

While I ponder how to do that, you enjoy this post!

English Muffin Bread

Today is E for English Muffin Bread from the United Kingdom

In the ABC Bake around the World series:

A for Afghan Biscuit from New Zealand
B for Brownie from the United States
C for Cheese Crackers with Parmesan from Italy
D for Devil’s Food Cake from the United States

Step by Step Pictures for Baking English Muffin Bread 

English Muffin Bread

3 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tbsp Instant Yeast
1 tbsp Sugar
1.5 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup Milk
1/4 cup Water
2 tbsp Olive Oil

Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda and instant yeast in a large mixing bowl.
Add Olive Oil, and milk to the flour and slowly add water.
Mix well, and continue kneading for 10 mins. The Dough will be quite sticky.
Lightly grease a 8 x4 ” loaf pan and sprinkle with cornmeal. Scoop the dough into the prepared pan. Cover the pan with a cling wrap. Set aside to rise in a warm place for 45 mins to 60 mins or until the dough is about 1/4″ above the rim of the baking pan.
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Remove the cover and bake the bread for 22 to 27 minutes or until its golden brown.
Remove the bread from the oven and after 5 minutes turn it out onto a wire rack to cool. Let the bread cool completely before slicing.

Notes

The recipe calls for the liquid to be warmed up in a microwave for 30~60 seconds. I simply added warm milk.
The climate was very hot when I was baking this bread and so it rose much within 40 mins. And much above the rim. I was little in a hurry to click, so removed it before it could cool down. And hence the crumbs not properly set.

English Muffin Bread
English Muffin Bread is a classic toasting bread from the United Kingdom. It's mostly served as a bread for brunch and makes a delicious sandwich loaf.
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda and instant yeast in a large mixing bowl.
  2. Add Olive Oil, and milk to the flour and slowly add water.
  3. Mix well, and continue kneading for 10 mins. The Dough will be quite sticky.
  4. Lightly grease a 8 x4 " loaf pan and sprinkle with cornmeal. Scoop the dough into the prepared pan. Cover the pan with a cling wrap. Set aside to rise in a warm place for 45 mins to 60 mins or until the dough is about 1/4" above the rim of the baking pan.
  5. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
  6. Remove the cover and bake the bread for 22 to 27 minutes or until its golden brown.
  7. Remove the bread from the oven and after 5 minutes turn it out onto a wire rack to cool. Let the bread cool completely before slicing.
Recipe Notes

The recipe calls for the liquid to be warmed up in a microwave for 30~60 seconds. I simply added warm milk.

The climate was very hot when I was baking this bread and so it rose much within 40 mins. And much above the rim.

I was little in a hurry to click, so removed it before it could cool down. And hence the crumbs not properly set.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 75

 Loading InLinkz ...

The post English Muffin Bread from United Kingdom appeared first on Spice your Life!.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management