Tuesday 10 January 2017

Chocolate Milk Fudge ~ 4 Ingredient Microwave Fudge

Chocolate Milk Fudge is the next sweet made with milk components. I had a tough time deciding on what I should make as I seem to have exhausted all ideas. I have a huge packet of Milk powder lying around and I thought I will make a Milk Mithai with it. I should also remember to use the many ingredients I seem to have stocked in my fridge.

I started with this idea of Milk Mithai, it ended up completely different. First, I forgot what I wanted to make it, second, Chinnu was with me, wanting to do it himself at each stage. I think this clouded my mind more than anything and this was also the reason why you see a chocolate layer over the milk layer.

I had no idea of including chocolate in this sweet, you know how it happens when your kids love chocolate so much. I also wanted to take this opportunity to make him taste this. He was tasting the condensed milk for the first time. Since he has a hand in it, he is always willing to taste it. So I know how to get Chinnu eat many things. He enjoyed the condensed milk as well as the milk layer.

I simply realised I wanted to the sweet to look pretty by alternating Chocolate and milk layers. I was very surprised that this got over pretty fast and there was demand for more. Well, it is surely something I should be making it soon.

Chocolate Milk FudgeThis is part of the BM#72, week 2, day 2, I am doing Milk Based Sweets.

Step by Step pictures for making Chocolate Milk Fudge

Chocolate Milk Fudge

Ingredients
For the Milk Layer
For the Chocolate Layer
Instructions
For Making the Milk Layer
  1. In a MW safe bow, take the condensed milk, add milk powder and combine. MW for 30 secs. Now add butter and mix well. MW again for 30 secs.
  2. Remove and beat well to get a creamy mix. MW for a minute in 30 secs interval. Pour this into a greased bowl.
For the Chocolate layer.
  1. In the same MW safe bow, take the condensed milk, add milk powder and combine. MW for 30 secs. Now add butter and mix well. MW again for 30 secs.
  2. Next add the cocoa powder, combine well and MW for 30 secs
  3. Remove and beat well to get a creamy mix. MW for a minute in 30 secs interval. Beat this well.
Assembling the layers
  1. Pour the chocolate mix over the milk layer.
  2. even the top with a greased knife or a spoon or a glass.
  3. Allow to set or freeze for 10 mins or refregerate for 30 mins.
Recipe Notes

I greased a glass bottom and evened it out. It makes it easy to hold it as well.

Ensure you cook each time for 30 secs only, else it will overflow as it happened with me.

I felt the milk layer should have been cooked for another minute as it was little chewy.

The chocolate layer had that exact fudgy texture.


BMLogo

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

The post Chocolate Milk Fudge ~ 4 Ingredient Microwave Fudge appeared first on Cooking 4 all Seasons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management