Friday 24 June 2016

Eggless Butterscotch Custard Cake | How to make Eggless Butterscotch Cake

For the second day of BM#65,  for the theme  One Sauce, Two dishes, I made Butterscotch Sauce and with it I made an Eggless Butterscotch Custard Powder Cake

 As I said yesterday all this came about when my brother asked for some Butterscotch Icecream and Cake. He said he had enough of Chocolate Cakes as his kids are only for chocolate and wanted to have Butterscotch. We do get butterscotch pastries, however, I said I was going to make it myself.

I had a packet of Butterscotch custard powder and I was planning to make use of it. So I decided to make the Cake first and I naturally had to make it eggless. If you have been regular here you know I had baked many years ago all of the cakes with Eggs, none that I ever tasted, yet wished I had a camera to click pictures of those.

Anyway, I took out my recipe collection and went through it. I remember seeing some vanilla custard cakes. So I adapted it for Butterscotch and used that Butterscotch sauce and those butterscotch balls as well.

Once it was baked, the drizzle on the top was the ultimate. The cake was so moist and delicious. Though it didn't have the typical cake crumble, it was still super fine and made me reach for another piece.




Eggless Butterscotch Custard Cake

Ingredients Needed:

All purpose flour - 1.5 cups
Butterscotch Custard powder - 3/4 cup
Baking powder- 2 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
Granulated sugar - 3/4 cup
Butter - 1/4 cup
Milk - 1 cup + 3 tbsp
Butterscotch Sauce – 3 tbsp
Butterscotch Balls, pounded - 1/2 cup

For the Frosting

Butterscotch Sauce
Butterscotch balls pounded


How to make the Eggless Butterscotch Custard Cake

In a wide bowl take the flour, add the custard powder, Butterscotch Sauce, 2 tbsp of pounded butterscotch balls, followed by melted butter, baking powder, baking soda. Mix everything well.

Now add the sugar, and slowly add the milk to get a flowing consistency.

Grease and dust a bundt pan, first place a circle of pounded butterscotch balls, over it pour half the batter. Again sprinkle the butterscotch balls, then completely cover with the remaining batter.

Pat it down. Preheat the oven to 185 C and bake for 35 mins. Check if done, and let it rest for 15 mins.

Turn over, pour the butterscotch sauce over it and sprinkle the remaining butterscotch balls over it and serve.
Notes:

The original recipe was with one egg, I replaced it with 1/4 extra custard powder and increased baking powder. The resultant cake is not your typical soft crumble cake. The texture is slightly rubbery because of the extra custard powder.

However on the whole when you add sauce and moisten it the cake tastes very soft and melts.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM This goes for the June Week 4, Cooking from Cookbook Challenge  Group.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management