Thursday 23 June 2016

Easy Homemade Butterscotch Sauce | How to make Butterscotch Sauce

We are entering the final week of BM#65. I felt this month has gone very slow maybe because I had many of the dishes cooked and ready. I just had to post. Also, the period the BM dates fell made a huge difference. Since it's a Friday, I get all the time to cook next weeks dishes over the weekend. Else if I couldn't I can always cook on the same day.

Anyway coming to the theme I have taken up for the last week, I took up this One Sauce, two dishes. The idea was to make a homemade version of any of the sauces that are regularly used and then use that in two dishes. The idea came when I made a dish with this sauce and then decided how else I should use that sauce.

I made the dish couple of months ago when my brother visited us. He was visiting us after two years and the short time he spent, between Amma and me, made sure we cooked his favorite. We were quite upset he couldn't spend more time. One of the things he asked was for a ButterScotch flavours. He said he had enough of Chocolate and wanted different flavours and especially the ones he grew up with. I am sure Butterscotch dishes are available in the UK, I guess he missed the Indian version of this sauce if I can say that!

I checked out my diaries of many years ago and made it for him. This sauce was very simple one again from my collection of sauces that I am so fond of. I am a sucker for all homemade sauces. So you will get to read about two different dishes prepared using Homemade Butterscotch Sauce.



Easy Homemade Butterscotch Sauce

Ingredients Needed:

Unsalted Butter - 4 tbsp
Dark brown sugar - 1/2 cup packed
Fresh cream - 1/2 cup
Butterscotch Balls, pounded - 1/2 cup

How to make the Butterscotch Sauce

Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat.

Add the brown sugar, stir well. When it starts to melt, add cream and stir until it's well blended. Bring the mixture to a boil, scraping down the sides occasionally, and boil it for 4 to 5 minutes.

Add the crushed and pounded Butterscotch Balls and switch off and cover with a lid.

Notes:

When you add brown sugar, it might tend to jam up or coagulate. Do not worry about it, simply remove and keep it covered aside for a day. The brown sugar melts and blends with the sauce soon.

Interested in some delicious Fruit Salad with Mint Lemon Drizzle for your kids?


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management