Monday 4 April 2016

Dinkache Ladoo | How to make Gond Ke Ladoo ~ Step by Step

Dinkache Ladoo - A to Z Maharashtrian Sweets

When it came to D, I was quite fixed to make Dodha Barfi. Though there were a couple of other choices, I kept coming back to this recipe. However Pradnya said Dodha Barfi sounded more Punjab, so had I drop it.

The other choice I had were Dudhi Halwa, Dinda, and Dahi-dudhachya vadya. Dinkache ladoo didn't strike until and suddenly I remembered this name as this stayed in mind because of the way it was pronounced. All of a sudden I realised I had such a lovely laddo to make!

I liked how gond tastes and having already made a couple of ladoos with it, I was keen on making a ladoo only with this. I adapted from this though I followed my own measurement. I wanted the gond to be more than wheat flour. Though that led to adding more ghee for binding the laddos.


I also added roasted bits of almond, that gave such a delicious experience when you bit into the ladoos. These are not your typical hard ones, they are very soft to hold and will crumble if you press little hard too. So care should be taken to have a plate while you indulge in these.

We totally enjoyed this sweet and next time I will surely make it with jaggery to check out the taste.

Gond/ Edible Gum

Making Gond powder


D for Dinkache Ladoo

Got about 15 small ladoos

Ingredients Needed:

Whole wheat flour / Atta - 1 cup
Gum resin / Gond -  3/4 cup
Ghee - 1 cup
Powdered sugar / Jaggary - 1 cup
Roasted Almonds, chopped -  15

How to make the Dinkache ladoo

Heat a nonstick pan with 2 tsp ghee, roast the gond till it puffs up. Drain and let it cool down.

Roast the chopped almonds in a tsp of ghee, remove and keep it aside.

In the same pan, heat another 3 tsp of ghee, roast the wheat flour on low flame till flour turns colour. It takes about 5 to 6 mins. Take care not to burn the flour, keep stirring it all the time.

Once the gond is cooled down, grind to a fine powder.

Take the roasted wheat flour, powdered sugar, gond, almonds in a bowl and take small portion and press down as balls. Add melted ghee for binding.

Store in an airtight box.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 63


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management