Wednesday 27 January 2016

Eggless Cinnamon Rolls ~ Step by Step Recipe

My next dish that I have been wanting to bake has been Cinnamon roll. Though I have baked some cinnamon rolls in the past, I have always wanted to bake those buns that turn out super soft. I didn't have any recipe that I wanted to try and then decided to check out Gayathri's as I remember her roll turning out very soft to look it. I mostly followed her recipe and was so happy with the result. Kids were over the moon with the taste and texture.

I personally felt it was too sweet for my taste, I feel this makes a great snack and next time I will do a chocolate graze that's more the craze at home with kids. Baking this from scratch surely takes time unless you plan properly. However baking this on a holiday never works out for me as I seem to be with never ending chores. I was standing on my toes the whole day and I shudder to think of my next challenge that's yet to be baked. Anyway enjoy these soft rolls for now.















Eggless Cinnamon Rolls


Makes 12 Rolls

Ingredients Needed

For The Dough:

Flour/ Maida - 3 1/2 cups
Granulated Sugar - 90gm / 6 tbsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Butter - 5 1/2 tbsp
Curd/ Yogurt - 1/4 cup mixed with a pinch of baking soda
Instant Yeast - 2 tsp
Milk-1 cup
Water - 1/4 cup (as required)

For The Filling:

Granulated Sugar - 1/2 cup
Cinnamon - 1 1/2 tbsp

For The Fondant Glaze:

Icing Sugar - 3 tbsp
Vanilla Essence few drops
Milk - 3 tbsp

How to Bake Cinnamon Rolls

For the dough:


In a bowl take all the dry ingredients and add in the wet ingredients one by one and mix well. I had to add in 1/4 cup of water to finally get a soft dough.


Transfer it to the counter and knead the dough for 10 to 15 minutes until soft. Transfer to an oiled bowl, cover and allow it to double in volume. I left it for about 2 hrs.

Now remove the dough, punch it down and roll it into a rectangle of 12" * 14".

I had cinnamon sugar, that I added, else you can use the proportion mentioned above.

Sprinkle it evenly on the rolled out rectangle.

Beginning from the longest side roll the rectangle into a tight roll.

Slice it up into 12 equal portions.

Grease a 9" * 13" tray and arrange the rolls evenly.

Cover and allow it to sit for 1 hour or until double. (I had this out for 10 mins, it was all doubled.)

Preheat oven to 185C. Bake the rolls for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.

Remove from oven and place on counter.

Mix together icing sugar and milk to pouring consistency.

Drizzle it on the baked rolls evenly with the help of a spoon.

When warm, remove from tin and cool on wire rack.

Serve warm.


Notes:

I will mostly surely be making it again. I baked it straight for 25 mins first. The tops were browned well, the bottom was little wet. So I turned it upside down and baked again for 5 mins.

Instead, I could've baked for 20 mins, then baked for 10 mins upside down. Will surely be doing this for next time.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management