Thursday 10 December 2015

Pecan and Fruited Cheese Ball

 photo DSCN4212_zpskmnz3zex.jpg

Yes, that looks like a Thanksgiving Turkey guy up there sitting on top of a cheese ball.   I know  . . .  you are probably asking yourself right now what the heck is a Thanksgiving Turkey guy doing sitting on a cheeseball after Thanksgiving!!  Here's my answer.  I am having serious issues with my left arm right now.  In short, I am in a lot of pain with it.  I've been given some tablets to take, but I made the mistake of reading the paper insert that came with them . . . .

  photo DSCN4213_zpsvnyyq53g.jpg

Which said that taking this drug could cause a serious heart attack.  Heart attack has always been a HUGE fear of mine.   Ever since we saw my mother's boy friend drop dead from one right in front of us about 16 years ago.   Not nice . . .  so I am trying not to take them, which means the pain and inflamation are not abating . . .

 photo DSCN4378_zps9da8vm2q.jpg

It also means I haven't cooked anything new over the past few days.  However am I going to cope with Christmas if this doesn't get any better  . . . .

  photo DSCN4379_zpsozbsyugj.jpg

In any case, this is the cheeseball that I made for Thanksgiving for all the Missionaries which they loved and gobbled up, and I thought I would share it with you today  because I hadn't done so yet.

 photo DSCN4380_zps67yabzsj.jpg

It's rich and delicious and full of fruit and nuts.   Make it for Christmas!  You won't be sorry.   Your family and friends will love it and be so happy that you did!  I promise!

 photo DSCN437811_zpsivdldna3.jpg


*Pecan and Fruited Cheese Ball* 
Printable Recipe

 A nutty fruity cheese ball that is simple to make and a real crowd pleaser!  Serve with crackers and pretzels for dipping and spreading.
2 (250g) packages of full fat cream cheese (2 - 8oz)
1 400g tin of crushed pineapple, well drained (8 oz tin)
2 TBS each of finely chopped red and green bell peppers
3 TBS finely chopped spring onions
2 tsp seasoned salt
240g of chopped toasted pecans, divided (2 cups)
150g of chopped dried cranberries (1 cup) 
 photo DSCN4379_zpsozbsyugj.jpg
Mix together the cream cheese, drained pineapple, peppers, onoins, seasoned salt, 1/2 of the toasted pecans and the dried cranberries to combine.   Place in the refrigerator to chill for several house to allow it to set up.  Take out and roll into a round shape.  Place the remaining toasted pecans on a large plate and roll the cheese ball in these to coat.  Wrap and chill until ready to use.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management