Tuesday 15 September 2015

Mexican Homemade Nacho Cheese Sauce

For the third day under Condiments, I wanted to try a dip. This dip is more like a sauce that can be poured over a dish or can be served as a dip. When I made the Mexican Tortilla platter, I had wanted to make these Cheese Nacho Dip as well. Then better judgement prevailed and I marked to make this for condiments.

If you thought I had made all in one shot, I wish it was. However I had fried these chips, dip again as Konda loved the first batch. I must agree that I found this cheese dip to be so additive. Infact I had spread some on my toast and it tasted even so much better!

I have been wanting to make nachos for a long time. I haven't come around making it and decided I might as well make the dip. For a person who loves cheese, this dip was so heavenly. And truly said you can't stop with just one chip being dipped into it!

While there are many recipes over the net for a good homemade cheese dip, I thought this was the easiest



 

 

Homemade Nacho Cheese Sauce

Ingredients Needed:

Butter - 2 tbsp
All purpose flour/ Maida - 2 tbsp 
Milk - 1 cup
Salt to taste
Pepper powder -  1/8 tsp 
Cheddar cheese, grated - 1/2 cup

How to make the Nacho Cheese Sauce

Melt the butter in a no stick pan over medium flame. Once the butter is melted add the flour. Whisk until it combines into a smooth paste and keep stirring until it gets mixed well and cooked. It takes about 2 -3 mins. 

Add the milk to the pan and continue whisking. Once the milk is incorporated, bring to boil. Simmer and cook for 5 more mins. At this stage the mix is mostly in lumps. I allow it to cool and blend to a smooth mixture.

Take it back to the pan, add the pepper and salt and whisk to combine.

Add the grated cheese and gently stir, allowing the cheese to melt. When the cheese is completely melted and the mixture smooth in consistency, the nacho cheese sauce is ready to serve. 

Enjoy immediately, as the sauce will get firm as it sits.


Notes

I refrigerated for a week and it was very good. The sauce became little more thick as it settled, however it makes a great spread as well. 

You can reheat by simmering over flame and adding little water to loosen it up.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 56


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management