Monday 31 August 2015

Potato Wedges with Sour Cream and Sweet Chilli Sauce

Welcome to the BM Mega Marathon that will be on for the whole month of September, featuring a Buffet On Table. True to the name, we have different themes lined up for each week.

Week 1 will feature Combo Dishes. I know at first shot, Combo Dishes might sound confusing, however it's actually quite simple. When it comes to Indian Dishes, the choices are many as we seem to be eating that way. When we research further into global cuisine, we see that it's the same everywhere too.

For example, can one eat just the fries without the sauce! Chinese Wontons will taste out of the world when paired with Garlic Sauce. The list can be endless. Not just savory dishes, there are pairing done in Desserts too, like Vanilla Ice Cream with Brownie.

So when we decided to have Combo Dishes, it meant we take up International dishes. Most felt it was a tough nut to crack. Though I know my friends would have cracked it out quite easily.

Somehow I have always been very fond of this theme. Even though I may have already made such combo dishes already, I was eager to search for more such dishes. Given the situation at hand, I wanted simple ones. Trust me, I have landed with very simple ones.

Rules of this theme is, we should pick up a pair that's normally served together in any country and blog on it for the first week.

One of the dishes can be already shared, however all the dishes should be featured in the same picture.


Starting my first one of the combo dishes, I selected one from Australia, which came across as a rage from all those who traveled there. Its the famous Potato Wedges with Sour Cream and Sweet Chilli Sauce.

I never expected such a humble combination to be so highly regarded by the tourists and locals as such. 

I had searched and read many sites on this, the main sites that I used were these - here, here and here

This combination is supposed to be Australian's culinary secrets that the world is unaware of! And needless to say, as predicted, it was a love at first bite to us at home too.

I was surprised that for all the recipes that I have done so far, I am yet to share a simple Potato Wedge recipe. Well there is French Fries and the Fry Sauce that seem to be the American way of serving a sauce with french Fries, but not a Potato Wedges.

I am glad!

I got something interesting to share now.

Today's Combo Dish is Potato Wedges  served with Homemade Sour Cream  and Sweet Chilli Sauce

Potato Wedges

Ingredients Needed:

Potatoes - 4 big
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste/ Red Chili powder
Oil for deep frying

How to make the Potato Wedges:

Unlike the French Fries or the Potato Chips, Potato Wedges have to be sliced thick. It should be crisp on the outside and soft inside. Once it cools down, it might even be soggy. 

So soak the potatoes in water for 30 mins and rub off mud from the potatoes. Slice them into 1 inch slices. Soak in water until ready to fry.

Pat dry the wedges when the oil is heated. Deep fry in batches. When the wedges turn slightly colored, remove with a slotted spatula and let it cool for few minutes. Deep fry again and now transfer to a kitchen towel.

When the whole batch is done, sprinkle with seasoning and serve with Homemade Sour Cream  and Sweet Chilli Sauce




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 56


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management