Monday 31 August 2015

How to make Sour Cream at Home


The Potato Wedges with Sour Cream and Sweet Chili Sauce is a famous Australian Combo Dish. 

Since we do not get sour cream all the time and even when we get it turns out to be quite expensive, I decided to make the Sour cream at home.

I checked out this site for simple homemade version and it works out pretty cool!

This is also the famous Crème Fraîche, which opened up a whole new world of dishes for me!

When I made Cheese Cream at home, I decided I will be trying all the related creams myself as it turns out to be more delicious than store bought ones. Also we can try these as dips for so many other dishes.



Homemade Sour Cream

Ingredients

Buttermilk - 2 -3 tbsp
Cream - 1 cup

While serving season with a pinch of salt.

Blend cream with buttermilk and let it sit for a day or 2. Since our climate is pretty hot, I mixed it up in the morning, let it  out on the counter and then refrigerated until serving. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management